Pet Boarding at Wedington Animal Hospital
If you're going away from home overnight and you've got a pet, what do you do? Some people try taking the pet with them, but very few hotels are pet-friendly these days. Others trust their dogs or cats to willing friends or family members, but these part-time caregivers are often clueless when it comes to healthy pet care. Luckily, we offer a better solution at Wedington Animal Hospital. Our award-winning pet boarding facility is just the place for your pet to stay when you're in need of a safe and comfortable overnight environment.
Before Boarding Your Pet
We're happy to care for your pet anytime you need, but it's important for you to follow these steps before you bring your furry friend into our facilities:
- Make sure your pet's vaccinations are up-to-date. If your pet is a regular patient in our office, we'll have its records. If not, call our office to find out which vaccines are necessary, how much time needs to pass between the vaccine and your pet's stay, and what type of records you need to bring with your pet.
- Call us for an appointment. We want to make sure we have the room and staff to keep your pet healthy, safe, and comfortable. Please respect our hours of operation when dropping off and picking up your pet.
- Pack some of your pet's favorite things to make it feel more comfortable while you're away. Include a blanket, soft bed, and a toy or two. Think about including a t-shirt you have worn. When your pet goes to bed, it will have something that smells like you to cuddle with.
- We serve Hill's Science Diet to the pets that are staying with us. If your pet is on another diet, bring a supply with you. Add some of your pet's usual treats for us to use when praising or playing with your pet.
- Leave a card with us that include your name, your pet's name, your cell phone number and the number for wherever you'll be staying. We may have questions about your pet, or an emergency may come up, and we'll need to get in touch with you.
- Leave with the satisfied feeling that your pet is in good hands, and will be having an enjoyable time with our staff and the other pet guests while you're gone.
Standard Pet Boarding Procedures
We're proud to offer award-winning boarding facilities for all our patients. From dogs and cats to reptiles and small reptiles, we offer boarding from overnight stays to weekly pet vacations. Our caring staff will treat your pet like their own, giving that extra bit of attention that every pet loves. We even offer boarding appreciation cards, which allow you to earn a free night of boarding for every ten nights your pet stays with us. We have extra-large play yards for our guests, and your pet will enjoy them multiple times a day, both for bathroom breaks and for fun play and exercise time.
Looking for a Veterinarian in Fayetteville AR?
Boarding your pet while you're out of town is the safest option you can choose. We have medical staff on call 24/7 in our boarding facilities, just to make sure our guest stay in the safest and healthiest environment possible. Our team is experienced with every type of pet behavior and emergency, and their genuine caring nature shows with every animal they care for. If you're looking for a great place for your pet to stay during your next extended stay away from home, give us a call and make an appointment to tour our facilities. You can contact us at (479) 444-6600 seven days a week.